Friday, December 20, 2013

Watching people in jail may be one of the things that makes me re-evaluate my life. My views on things like jails, death penalties, and what I would do if I was ever in jail are not like anyone else's views I know. I feel as if everyone makes mistakes, some are bigger than others but I also believe that everyone should have a chance to start over. God knows I've made so many mistakes, and I'm gonna be making a lot more. It's part of being a human. I believe people do horrible horrible things but the fact that prison guards got to the extent of such violence to the inmates just makes me sick. Treating people like they are nothing is not a way to treat anyone, not even the worst person in the planet.

No one is ever born as a bad kid. Everyone learns the bad things they do. Some people don't have a way out, or not that they can see of. They think the only way they can survive is to learn the ways of their friends and family members. That means anywhere from gangs to armed robbery. Some people don't have the life I have, the caring community and parents with opportunities for me to strive. When I mess up I am able to get another chance, we should give people that same opportunity to make changes. Everyday you wake up you have the opportunity to make your life better, one step is still a step.

Other than that note life is pretty good. I'm doing well at my job, and I'm getting use to serving. Being able to spend time with my friends back home is wonderful. I love the freedom I have with a car. My relationship with my family has grown stronger. I look forward to conversations now. I feel as if I no longer need to hide things, I'm old enough that I am responsible and there is nothing I have to hide. This is something I should have done a long time ago, but better late than never. I hope you all are having a great Holiday and I'll talk to you later. Remember: "Everyday you wake up you have the choice to change to to not."

No comments:

Post a Comment