Friday, January 3, 2014

Wow... it's already Jan. 3rd 2014!!! In 2013 so many things have happened and so many things have changed. I guess I main thing that happened was the I started a new chapter in my life, I started college. I had the chance to start over somewhere where no-one knew me, where no-one knew my past. I have met so many new people at college, so many new friends that are going to be there for the rest of my life. Of course there are people that I don't get along with… particularly my roommate, I'm sorry but she is a bitch. I'm not even going to touch on that because I can go on for hours about how much I hate her. I know how strong the word hate is but that's what it is. I can't think of anything I like about her.

Anyways… I have met so many others that have been by my side. In my first semester I have grown so much in who I am. I had to adjust in a new city in another state, a whole new school, and make all new friends. I have had some of the most amazing times in college so far. I have learned lessons of trust, maturity, and finding myself. The struggles I have had in college have only made me think more about what I want in my life.

I know that my college isnt for me however, it's not the college I imagined myself at. I have made the decision to transfer this fall. I will be taking boring Gen. Eds this second semester as well as taking community classes over the summer in hopes that they will transfer to my new college. My current college is a great college for people majoring in dance, musical theater, or acting. However, for a psychology/criminal justice major it's only wasting my time and money. I finished my first semester with a 3.6. I am not happy with that and I want to finish the second semester with a 4.3 and hopefully finish off my first year of college with a 4.0.

I guess the times that I have had this year both at home, in school, and out-and-about have made me realize how much it is in the real world. Recently I have had some heart to heart talks with my friends and they have helped me realize that I am so negative, but in order to do anything in this life you can't be so negative all the time. I liked to think of it as me just being realistic, but they say that being realistic is the same thing as being negative. I have recently thought I had made the right choice with a guy, hover in the past few days I keep second guessing myself. Does he really want to put the effort in? He knew me before, he knew what I was like, however when I called him yesterday he seemed harsher. I had texted him before and he usually reads and responds but the hasn't. If he is having second thoughts can you pleas tell me? I would rather know now and not have to deal with such a long heartbreak then learn later and get more attached.

Anyways in the is new year, in 2014, I have so many goals or resolutions. I guess some of them are more realistic then others, I know people say new years resolutions never work, but for me its not the resolutions its just being able to see what I WANT to accomplish. I guess the important things are: be more positive, be healthier, and say yes and mean it. There are others but they are minor. I have made mistakes, and god knows I'm going to make so many more. Maybe even the same ones, yet everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes it just takes others longer to learn from them than others. I hope you all had a safe and happy new years. I hope 2014 is your best year yet!! Remember: "Do what YOU want, make this year YOUR year. Good Luck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment